Friday, 7 March 2014

My 1st Friday Faves!


Happy Friday to all you lovely people. The week has come and gone and it's time to relax and enjoy the weekend, except for those of you poor souls who work on a Saturday and Sunday. I salute you.

So I thought I would use this Friday to kick off the 1st of my "Friday Faves" and on that note here goes:

1. Best thing about a Friday (and this will probably always make the top spot... Lol).


My hubby finishes work early on a Friday and without sounding too cringey, he is by far the best part of my weekend and the best thing in my life by far. Any day is more enjoyable when he's there to spend it with me. 

2. My Friday Bouquet.


Remember when I posted last week about my Friday bouquet from my lovely hubby? Well this is last weeks carnations still very much alive and kicking - that's another of the reasons I love them so much - long life. But I will be sure to post a pic of this weeks new ones... as long as the hubby remembers. :)

3. The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky!


This photo was taken from my front door and I just can't believe how lovely a day it is! Still absolutely freezing - but at least the sun is shining and hopefully this is a sign of the better weather that's to come. 

4. Homemade soup & crusty bread with butter.


You seriously can't beat a pot of soup when it's cold and this bowl of homemade vegetable soup was of no exception. I always feel so much better when I have healthy lunches like this - yes the bread and butter isn't necessarily a healthy option, but be honest - you really do need something to dunk when you're enjoying a bowl of soup!

5. Rosé Wine 



On a Friday night my hubby and I usually enjoy a few drinks while watching TV. HOWEVER... We have (stupidly) decided to give up alcohol for Lent.

Let me be clear though. We are in no way problem drinkers - in fact we only ever tend to have a drink a night at the weekend. This year however, we made a deal that we would try and have a healthier approach to life in terms of the food we are eating and the drink we are consuming, therefore when my hubby decided he was packing in the booze for Lent, I thought it was only right that I join him. 

Am I regretting my decision now... Yes! :( We are only 3 days in and I'm thinking about throwing in the towel. It's going to be a "Watch this space" kind of scenario I'm afraid. 

Anyway, that's the 1st of my Friday Faves for you all. Please feel free to share your own. 

Take care my lovelies. x

No comments:

Post a Comment