Wednesday, 19 March 2014

My Disney Obession

Hey Lovely people!

This post was inspired by my love affair with Disney movies. I mean who can say they don't like a good Disney classic??? Nobody!!!


Today I have decided to watch Aladdin... simply because it has been far too long since I gave it a watch. Not only does it have some of the best Disney songs included, but it also has Robin Williams providing the voice of the Genie.  It is also the Disney movie with the greatest life lessons... 

1. Always remember to be true to yourself and don't try to be something and someone you are not. 
2. Remember to value your self worth. 
3. It's important to keep your promises, even if you have to make a sacrifice. 
4. Money doesn't bring you happiness.
5. Anything is possible, as long as you work hard enough to get it. 


Now like a lot of people, I have an affinity with the old classically animated movies with The Little Mermaid being my absolute, unequivocal favourite. I was read the Hans Christian Anderson book by my family when I was a little girl and became obsessed with the idea of mermaids and the magical world they lived in under the sea. The only disappointment I had with the book... and obviously being a little girl... was that there was no happy ending. 

However, when Disney released their "Happily-Ever-After" movie version on the 1st of January 1989 (when I wasn't even 4 years old yet) it quickly became my most cherished and beloved movie of all time. 


I thought Ariel was beautiful with her long wavy red hair, lilac seashells and turquoise fishtail. She sang so beautifully and for a little girl like me, she sang songs that were easy to learn and sing along with. I just loved her and I loved the beautiful story of love overcoming all obstacles. It set me up to be a bit of a hopeless romantic, always striving to find that one true love of my life. Well whoever said that fairytale's aren't real, are really needing to have a look at my life because after many struggles and "obstacles" in my way I finally found the love of my life - my own Disney Prince, and I have been living happily ever after for almost 13 years now. :) 

My husband and I on our wedding day in November 2011.
While I was looking for Disney images to use I came across some pictures of the most fabulous Disney Princesses and I thought I would share them with you.

These real life sketches are gorgeous - and provide a much more realistic image of the princesses.
I love these true to life Disney princesses. They are all super beautiful.
And finally this up-to-date portrayal of the Disney Princesses & what their style might be if they were everyday girls.
Hope you enjoyed this post lovely people. I think it's important at any age to stay connected with your childhood and I think Disney provides us with this opportunity. I will never grow old of it and I will read the stories and watch the movies with my own children and their children for as many years as I have ahead of me.

It was after all the marvellous Walt Disney who said... 

"That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up"...

Take care lovelies. x

No comments:

Post a Comment