Saturday, 22 March 2014

The Self-Love Tag

Hey there lovely people!

Today I thought I would do another post sharing a little bit about myself. I will regularly do posts like this just because I think it's important that I share who I am with all of you wonderful people who take the time out of your day to read my posts. 

So without further rambling, here goes:

The Self-Love Tag



1. What does self-love mean to you?


I think it means loving and accepting yourself as you are. We all get caught up with the way we look and are often trying to change ourselves to mimic looks we see in celebrities or on catwalks and I think that we will never truly be happy in our hearts until we accept who we are and what we have.


2. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself?


This is generally something that I don't often do. I'm not a bath person so I can't do the whole bath bomb and candle thing. Generally if I'm feeling a little rubbish and wanting a little pick me up, I'll have a long relaxing shower... give myself a little facial... get some comfy lounge clothes on... and paint my nails. Obviously this will be accompanied by a generous sized glass of White Zinfandel and a bar of good chocolate.



3. What are your three favourite hobbies/pastimes that make your soul feel on fire?


Taking photographs. I am in love with photography. It's the most relaxing and rewarding hobby there is. Other than that I enjoy Swimming (which I don't often get the opportunity to do) and I really love cooking. There is nothing like watching somebody enjoy food that you have put your heart and soul into.




4. What movie always puts you in a good mood when you’re not in the greatest mood?


The Little Mermaid. Yes I'm aware I'm 28 years old and yes I'm aware that this is a Disney movie... But it is my most favourite and cherished movie of all time. What girl can say she doesn't like a little fairytale in her life???


5. Who do you trust the most in your life?


My husband. He is the one person in my whole entire world, who I can truly be myself with. I would trust him with my life.


6. What quote totally motivates you?


"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". It's one of life's most important lessons!


7. What make-up or beauty product makes you feel like a million bucks?


Red Lipstick... It always makes me feel a great no matter how light or heavy the rest of my makeup is. 




8. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on? Why?


Make-up is a relatively new concept to me (relatively being 3 years or so). I have always worn lip gloss and a bit of blusher over the years but I only seriously got into it when I was getting married and wanted some inspiration. For that reason I am completely comfortable with just my bare face... it's not only important to let your skin breathe but to feel comfortable with the way your face looks without all the frills.


9. What piece of advice would you give a child growing up with the pressures of today’s media and its crushing expectations?


I recently came across a little quote that says "Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be"! This is the advice I give my little sisters. I've said it before - there is nothing more important than learning to love yourself as you are, only then can you be truly happy in your heart.


10. What song puts you in a good mood every time?


Right now it is "Happy" by Pharrell Williams... it's impossible to not feel good when you hear this song... it's in the title!!!




11. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?


What a strangely worded question... Lol! :) In terms of real life, I have a niece and nephew who make me laugh every time I'm with them. But I have to say, Phil and Cameron on Modern Family really make me laugh out loud!!!


12. What is something about society that bugs you?


Besides from the ridiculous pressure put on young girls to be stick thin, I really hate the way the media builds people up and puts them on pedestals, and as quickly as they're up there, they drag them back down to earth with a giant thud! I know that as celebrities, their lives are susceptible to public scrutiny... but they are people, just the same as us, and I think it's unfair to treat their lives like a TV show.


13. What is one of your favourite things to do on the weekends?


Spend time with my family & take photographs.


14. What is something you’re really proud of that you've done?


Completed my Diploma in Photography. It's something that I wanted to do for the longest time and I am super proud that I actually got off my backside to do it. 

My most prized possession.

15. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?

  1. Smile as much as is humanly possible - It will automatically make you feel better. 
  2. Try and make a difference in the world - If you make someone else feel good then you yourself will feel good.
  3. Look at yourself in the mirror everyday and tell yourself you are beautiful - You will eventually believe your words.
  4. Look after yourself - Whether its a weekly pamper session or a exercise, make sure you are healthy on the inside, so that you can always appreciate what is on the outside. 

I loved this little tag. I think it's important to get the message across that you should always have love and respect for yourself. I hope that if you read this post you realise how wonderful and important you are, and I invite you all to take part in this tag. 

Take care lovelies. x

No comments:

Post a Comment