Saturday, 12 April 2014

A Little Bit More About Me Tag

Hey lovely people! :)

How are you all doing today??? I'm having a great day so far and have big plans to do absolutely nothing tonight... except finally catch up on How I Met Your Mother. I know I know, it finished weeks ago... but we fell away from it in the final season and we are finally sorting that out!!!

So anyway, here is today's post.


Where and when were you born?
I was born on the 23rd of June 1985 at Bellshill Maternity Hospital, in Lanarkshire, Scotland.


Me & my gran Rose.
Who chose your names and the reason behind them?
My mum chose my name based on a character in a TV show she was watching. If I had been a boy, she and my dad would have named me Christopher. 

Your earliest childhood memory?
The first thing I remember as a child is being on holiday in London with my mum and dad. We had just eaten lunch in a little Italian restaurant and had made our way to Trafalgar Square where I was trying to catch one of the hundreds of pigeons flying about. My dad lifted me up onto his shoulders and I was sick all down the back of his jacket... Spaghetti Bolognese and all! Lol! I believe I was 2.

What were your hobbies as a child?
I loved reading and was a bit of a geeky child. My sister and I both collected ornamental cats (sounds utterly ridiculous I know, but they were super cute and were all dressed up in funny costumes) and I loved them. I also loved swimming and it's remains the one and only "sport" that I can do well. 

Do you have any siblings?
I am the oldest of 6. I have 2 brothers, Stephen is 21 and Matthew is 18, and I have 3 sisters, Joanne who is 23 (and has 2 adorable kids of her own), Claire who is 15 and Aimee who is 13. So you can imagine how manic life was growing up in my house as a child. 


Funny story as a child?
My sister Joanne is a bit hot headed and would often get up to no good when we were little. One day she had misbehaved and was sent to her bedroom to "think about what she had done". My mum and I were sat in the kitchen (which is directly below her bedroom) and noticed a rope dangling in front of the window. After inspecting it and realising it was coming from my sisters room, we both ran upstairs to find her half way out her bedroom window, with scarves and belts tied together and knotted around her bunk bed post. She was attempting the great escape and had already sent our brother Matthew downstairs with supplies and clothing for her, which he had left at the front step. She was 8... and it is still quite literally the funniest moment in my life. 

Did you do well at school?
Yes, as I said before I was a bit of a geek as a child. I had little to no social life and really enjoyed school. I loved to study and my favourite pastime was making up colourful notes and laminating them. I left school with 8 good standard grades and 5 highers. I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat!!! :)

Your teenage celebrity crush?
Oh I had lots! I loved Devon Sawa (Casper, The Final Destination etc). I also lovvvved AJ from the Backstreet Boys. But these crushes often changed from week to week. 

Your favourite song of all time?
Oooft... that's too hard a question!!! I will give you the ones I can think of right now: With or Without You by U2, Hold On by Wilson Phillips, Best Friend by Queen, The Scientish by Coldplay, Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol and I Was Here by Beyonce. This list is not exhaustive!!! 
Have you fulfilled your dreams and ambitions?
Not yet. I want to be a super successful photographer with my own boutique style studio. I would also love to have a really successful blog with tonnes more lovely readers like you lovely people. 


There you have it lovely people! Why not give this one a go yourselves. I'd love to get to know you all a bit better. 

Remember, I'd love to get my teeth into some more of your fab blogs and I will start featuring my favourite weekly blog as part of my Friday Favourites! So get sending your links - either in the comments box below or via twitter here.

Take care lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment