Wednesday, 30 April 2014

April Favourites

Hey lovely people!

So it's the end of the month, and what a month it has been. I have come very close to bankrupting my poor husband this month with all my purchases, and on that basis I thought I would share my favourite picks of the month with you all, giving a little more detail and a review on each of my favourite items. 

So here we go, with my top 10 favourite items this month:

1. My fave Lipstick!

So I couldn't give just one fave lippy for this month. I had to go with 2, both from Makeup Revolution and both amazeballs!!! :) The first choice is the shade Beloved, which is a pinky peachy sheer tone, which gives the lips a luscious, healthy glow, without being too pigmented. It really just enhances the natural look of your lips and I love it. My 2nd choice is Rebel With Cause, which is the most delicious berry coloured lippy. It's so gorgeous and looks fab with a minimal eye makeup look, as well as gorgeously vamp with a smokey eye. Get yourself a few of these lippy's here

2. My fave Nail Polish!

I don't have one particular favourite nail polish this month, but I do have lots of good things to say about the W7 range. Not only are they super cheap, starting at just 69p each, but the formula is amazing and the choice of colours are endless. You quite literally can't go wrong with these little beauties. They are fab!

3. My fave Eye-shadow!

So I have a lot of eyeshadows... and I generally stick with the same neutral tones every time. However, with all of the gorgeous palettes available at the minute, it's hard not to get caught up in amongst all the mattes and shimmers available. This palettte (Iconic 1) from Makeup Revolution is my current fave. It is a dupe of the original Naked palette from Urban Decay, and every one of the 12 shades are gorgeous - particularly the middle 3 shimmers. I have been wearing these a lot over the last couple of weeks. The pigment is just as rich and perfect as it shows above and the staying power is brilliant - with mines generally lasting a good 6 hours without any signs of fading. The palettes can be bought direct from Makeup Revolution or Superdrug and are only £4!!!

4. My fave blusher!

Another Makeup Revolution gem... this beautiful Baked Blush in the shade "Make Love Instead". It's a pot of coral, shimmery goodness, that leaves your cheeks looking naturally flushed and glowing. It's 1 of 6 available shades that cost just £3. 

5. My fave Skincare product!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is the ultimate necessity in any ladies skincare collection. I didn't think that there was such an effective way to remove makeup until I tried this bad boy. It not only removes every ounce of makeup on my skin (waterproof mascara included), but it leaves it feeling squeaky clean and as fresh as a daisy. It is sheer brilliance in a bottle!

6. My fave scent!

This shouldn't be of any surprise to all of you, but I really can't say enough about this scent. I have it in all of the available sizes and it is my one true favourite scent of all time. Its fruity, and fresh and floral, and lasts a good 3-4 hours before a re-spritz is required. It costs just £12 for the 75ml bottle and can be bought in any Next store or online here

7. My fave brush!

This brush has always been a favourite of mine. Its from Sheer Cover and it's a great  brush, that I use primarily for my blusher. The bristles are so soft and velvety on my skin, and it is super easy to clean. As well as that it is just a super pretty brush with its transparent acrylic handle. I just love it so I do!

8. My fave food!


This month I have been obsessed with pizza, to the point where I have been lying in my bed at night and craving it! No I am not pregnant. Lol! But not only has it been pizza I've been craving, but it's been spicy pizza... chorizo, chillies the works!!! I just can't get enough of it... and yes, I had it for dinner again last night!

9. My fave drink!


Now ordinarily, I am a Rosé wine girl. I could drink it until I'm blue in the face... especially on a beautiful warm and sunny day. However, this month, for a change I've been drinking lager shandys (half lager or beer and half lemonade)... And I have found my new love in this drink. It is a dinky little bottle, available in packs of 10 at Asda for the ridiculously low price of £3.50 (ish). Now I would like to point out that I am in fact a sensible drinker and that this is absolutely not intended to encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. I just love that this is not only a delicious little drink, but is also really affordable.

10. My fave random pick!

Finally, this is my random pick of the month. It is in fact the box set of "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip". Now, I have mentioned this in a previous post somewhere I'm sure, but I'll say a few more words about it now. This show was made by the same people behind the award winning show, The West Wing. It is just as fantastic (if not slightly better in my opinion) than The West Wing. It stars Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford and Amanda Peet among others, and is basically takes place behind the scenes of a live sketch comedy show (similar to that of SNL). Matthew Perry plays Matt Albie, the head writer of the show, while Bradley Whitford plays Danny Tripp, the producer of the show. It is sheer brilliance that I cannot properly convey to you in words. Do yourself a favour and buy the box set here. You won't be sorry that you did!!!

So that's that lovely people. One whole month has passed and I have had the best time ever trying out all of these fab products. I'm looking forward to any potential new finds for next month, and will be happy to share these with you all too. Stay tuned to my blog for my collage of images from this months Instagram photo challenge!

Take care lovelies. x

No comments:

Post a Comment