Tuesday, 1 April 2014

April Photo Challenge - Day 1 - "What I Used..."

Hey lovely people! 

Starting from today, I have decided to take part in a photo-a-day challenge for April, created by the lovely Alice from the blog Super Gorgeous.

I have always wanted to do one of these challenges, not only because they are fun but because it encourages me to get my camera out EVERYDAY as opposed to just when I'm working, and it's a chance to really hone my skills and try to be as creative as possible with my daily entries. 

So on that note, here is the monthly challenge in all it's glory, along with today's submission.


Face - BodyShop Moisturising Foundation, Sheer Cover Concealer, Victoria Jackson Blusher, Avon Pressed Powder
Eyes - MUA Undress Me Too Palette, NO7 Brown Eyeliner
Lips - MUA Matte Peachy Keen, Carmex Lip Balm
Nails - Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby, Rimmel Finishing Touch Ultra Shine
This may seem like a lot of makeup for one face - but my foundation gives a very sheer finish and the powder I use is almost translucent. The eyeshadow can be as light or heavy as I want, all I have to do is build up the colour, and add as much or as little of my eyeliner. The peach matte lipstick is so subtle that it improves the natural colour of the lips and makes them look fuller. 


As you can see, it's not super heavy. It's really more of an everyday look, easy to do and effective enough that my skin isn't exactly bare, but certainly not caked in products. 

Anyway,  just so you know, you can expect an extra post each day, showcasing that days photo challenge, with a short description of how the photo came about, much like this post.

Take care lovelies. x

No comments:

Post a Comment