Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Liebster Award

Hey lovely people!

So yes I know I said that I wouldn't be back until tomorrow, but then I noticed that the truly lovely Vicki from Not The Pretty Girl had nominated me for the following award. 


To say I'm cheesied is an absolute understatement. It has quite literally made my day so much lovelier... so thank you so much lovely lady. 

So here are the technical details: (and the bit to copy onto your own post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Liebster Award is an online award for those bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I used Bloglovin). It's passed on from blogger to blogger to show their appreciation and interest in your blog. 

The rules for the award are:
  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
  3. Give 11 random facts about yourself. 
  4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and have less than 200 followers. 
  5. Let the blogger know you are nominating them.
  6. Give them 11 questions to answers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here are the 11 questions that the lovely Vicki asked me:

1. What made you start your blog?
I initially started my blog as a Photography blog, where I could share the technical details and stories surrounding my photographs - but after reading so many other Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blogs, as well as getting really into Youtube, I decided that I would incorporate my whole life into it, as opposed to just my work... and I love it!!!

2. If you could choose a part of the world to live in, where would it be?
This is an easy one - NEW YORK!!! I've never been, but it has always been a dream of mine.

3. Do you still own any of your childhood toys? If yes, what is it?
I don't still own any of my childhood toys, but I do still have a lot of my childhood books. I just can't seem to let them go, and being a bit OCD with stuff like books, CD's and DVD's I don't really like ever throwing them out. 

4. What would your dream job be?
I'd love to be a majorly successful photographer, like Annie Leibovitz or Patrick Demarchelier - working in the fashion industry, and in major fashion magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair!

5. What's your worst nightmare?
This is going to sound sick and morbid, but my biggest nightmare is that my husband dies before me. Selfish... probably... but I just know that If I ever lost him, my life wouldn't be worth living and I wouldn't be able to cope... So I hope I never have to. 

6. Favourite animal and why?
Dogs. And specifically my dogs. I have 2 Labrador's, Oscar and Bonnie and they are quite literally my babies. 

7. Favourite musical?
This is also easy... Hello Dolly!!! :) Who doesn't love Barbara Streisand and it's directed by Gene Kelly... I mean what isn't there to love about that movie?!?!

8. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. I am a big believer in love itself... and I genuinely believe that you can know instantly if a person is worthy of your love from the instant you meet them. That's exactly how I met my husband... and 13 years later, I love him even more than I could ever imagine was possible. 

9. Famous person you would love to meet?
This is going to sound really sad to a lot of people... but I would love to meet and pick the brain of Aaron Sorkin. He is the brains behind the TV programme "The West Wing", and "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip". These are my 2 favourite TV shows of alllllllllll time... and I have watched them over and over again to the point where I could quite literally play a part in them. He is a genius and I would love to be able to sit down with him. 

10. Favourite song right now?
I love "Imagine Dragons" new song "Demons" right now. I could listen to it all day. It's one of those songs that makes the hairs on your arm stand tall. 

11. What's your summer must have?
A good pair of sunnies (ray bans aviators are my current choice) along with some pastel and neon (yes I love both) nail colours. 

Here are the 11 random facts about me:
  1. I am married to my high-school sweetheart!
  2. I love... and collect fashion magazines!
  3. I always have to have the volume on the TV or Radio at an even number!
  4. I overuse exclamation marks in my texts and blog posts!!!
  5. My favourite flower is a carnation!
  6. I believe that the only way to listen to music is very LOUDLY!
  7. I cannot watch horror movies... Or I will never sleep again for the rest of my life!
  8. I am an insomniac. 
  9. I cry... maybe... 5 or 6 times every day!
  10. I have a very addictive personality - i.e shopping, gambling & internet is all done in excess!!!
  11. I chose to be a photographer for the joy of taking photographs... NOT the earning potential!
So here are my Liebster award nominations: (which I have based on Bloglovin followers)

Deanna over at Tesori Belle
Harriet over at Makeup and Meringues
Scarlet over at Anxiously Bold
Clare over at Bee Happy & Healthy
Karen over at A Stitch To Wear

All of these ladies, have the most beautiful and inspirational blogs, with gorgeous photographs and loads of helpful hints and tips about makeup, fashion and life! 

Here are the questions I put to you, the award nominees:
  1. What is your favourite part of blogging?
  2. Who inspires you? 
  3. What is the most exciting thing you have ever experienced?
  4. What was the last book you read?
  5. Are you an optimist or a pessimist... or somewhere in between?
  6. What is the best life lesson you have ever learned/ been taught?
  7. What piece of advice would you give to a newbie blogger?
  8. Do you have any regrets?
  9. Which 5 people would you invite to your celebrity dinner party and why? (Dead or alive)
  10. What's your ultimate summer anthem?
  11. Name each of your fave Hair, skin, makeup, nails & fashion items?
There you have it then lovely people. Thank you, thank you, thank you lovely Vicki for my nomination... you are a sweetheart and I love this award. :)

Take care lovelies. x

2 comments:

  1. Your very welcome :)

    Nottheprettygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the nomination! I will get to my post soon :)

    ReplyDelete