Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Rimmel London Just Let It Go - Full Review

Hey lovely people!

So today I thought I would share my thoughts and opinions on this little product from Rimmel. I would like to re-iterate (as I have done in previous posts) that I am in no way, shape or form an expert in make-up, skincare or anything in that field for that matter. I am just a lover of all these products, sharing my absolute honest opinion with all you lovely people. 


So a month or so ago, I was out shopping and was specifically looking for an eye make-up remover. I don't know if you're anything like me, but I have super sensitive eyes. So much so that I have to endure watery eyes every single time I put eyeshadow, eyeliner... and worst of all mascara on. So, you can only imagine the tough and often excruciatingly sore time I have of it, when I'm trying to take it off at the end of night. 

So anyway, while I was browsing the beauty product filled shelves, my eye caught a glimpse of this product by Rimmel. On first impressions, I felt like it would be the perfect thing to try, not only because I find that Rimmel products in general are of the highest standard for being a "cheaper" brand product, but also because it stated clearly on the bottle that it was "gentle", "dermatologically tested" and "suitable for sensitive eyes". So for me it was a win, win, win!!! :)

However, I regret to say that it does not live up to it's promise on the bottle. I tried this as soon as I got home from picking it up, and it quite literally made me cry... tears of pain! Now, after bathing my poor eyes in cool water, trying to numb the burning sensation, I decided that perhaps it was something else that had caused such a bad reaction. Maybe it was in fact just my eye makeup, which as I said before often brings on pain such as this. So on that basis, I left it on my makeup shelf and decided to give it another try at another time. 

I tried using it again 2 days ago... and I can now say, without doubt that this is not a product for someone like me. Quite literally, as soon as I put the cotton pad near my eye, I could feel the water building, and as soon as I began to try wiping, it just became entirely insufferable. 

This makes me sooo sad, because I am otherwise an avid advocate of the Rimmel range, but I have to say that if you have sensitive eyes, I would seriously consider whether or not you want to risk using this product. It is perfectly fine to use on most other parts of my face and hands, and I have used it several times to remove make up swatches from the back of my hand, with no problems at all. But I must stress again... IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE EYES, PLEASE BE WARY OF THIS PRODUCT

Hopefully, this will have been helpful to some of you lovely people, and by all means, if you have had any different experiences with it, then by all means let me know. As I said earlier in the post, I'm not an expert at all, I can only give you my open and honest opinions, which is what I've done. 

Take care lovelies. x

1 comment:

  1. It burns my eyes very badly as well. And it doesn't do a very good job of taking the makeup off.

    ReplyDelete